Thursday, March 6, 2014

I Don't Think you Understand...

...nearly two years ago, we had a miscarriage.   Tomorrow we get to meet our second child, our blessed baby boy. And we know our life is never going to be the same.  We know we'll have sleepless nights, our social life will be non existent, our house will be messy... "and remember, you wanted this..." Yes.  We've longed for this. What you don't understand is that we've been waiting for this for 2 years. We can't wait to hear the cries in the middle of the night, I can't wait to nurse my son in his rocking chair at 1:45am when the rest of the world is quiet, we can't wait to change diapers, to hold our baby in our arms and know he is safe and comfort him and hear him coo. We can't wait for our life to change.  This "change" was taken from us two years ago and we've longed for it ever since. 
So if I tell you, here in my third trimester, that I'm tired, that I'm so ready to feel normal again, don't tell me we'll never sleep again, don't tell me our life will never be the same; we are beyond blessed and so ready to start on a new path and welcome our baby boy. We know our lives are about to change and we've been looking forward to it, to our son in our arms for 2 years.  
Miscarriage is a horrible thing and unless you've had one or even tried for years to conceive, you can't know just how anticipated those sleepless nights are.  We are excited to welcome our first born into the world tomorrow and can't wait for you to meet him. 

"Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6 

And he is our promise from God. Our good work that he created in me that will come to completion on his birthday, March 7, 2014 and live to glorify God.  For we will praise God for he has done wonderful things, things planned long ago - and we can't wait to see that plan unfold. :)

Our Little Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment